Sunday, April 6, 2014

Oh Baby Classes!

Well, we survived baby classes yesterday! :) Poor Tom! It was great hearing his point of view on everything we learned! We took a child birthing class from 8:30 am until 12:30 pm. We ate at Chick-fil-a and had some great laughs about all the hippies in the videos. Then we had a breast feeding class from 1-3 pm... lets just say Tom said it was like watching the discovery channel! :) He trips me out! We both learned a lot and had a really good discussion all the way home from the hospital in Dublin.

I think my favorite parts of the classes were the tour and learning the risks/benefits of every decision possible. I'm such a visual person; it was nice to see where we will be when our little one arrives. We saw the labor and delivery rooms, operating room area, nurseries, etc. I think Tom's favorite part of the classes was when they were OVER! :) He was paying attention, because I mentioned something about what would happen if they had to do an emergency c-section...and he knew the answer! If he's paying attention, he can remember it all!

There were 3 other couples with us and it was funny when we started, because every guy had their arms folded. They had obviously been drug to the classes like Tom! It was rather humorous! Each of the women were only a few weeks away from delivering. It was nice to see some other ladies dealing with the same things though. The classes wouldn't have taken so long if we hadn't taken so many potty breaks! :)

I know some people don't go to these classes, but I'm glad we went. I had already researched most of the topics in the classes. The classes covered more in depth information and it was nice to have a labor/delivery nurse right there to answer any questions we had. Candy, the nurse, was great! I really hope she is at the hospital when we have our little girl.

I had planned on having a plan going into this. Not like I would freak out if it changed, but at least my preferences wrote down. Now...we're just going with the flow. I'm going to see how I feel when we get there and throughout the whole process. Prayers are appreciated for a safe and fast delivery for baby and me. I'm just praying that everything goes well and we will all three be good when its all said and done.




No comments:

Post a Comment